Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Quick Guide to Emojis on Snapchat

Oh no! A heart just appeared next to my crush's name on Snapchat! What does this mean? After Snapchat took away their best friend lists, they created an emoji system that can reveal certain things about the person you are snap chatting. Here is a quick guide to what that emoji means.


1. Baby 👶 

You have just added a new friend on snapchat. After you snapchat this person for a few days, this emoji will disappear. 

2. Hearts 💛💞

The yellow heart means that this person is your #1 best friend and you are also their #1 best friend. A red heart means that you have been each others' #1 best friend for two weeks straight. Finally, the pink hearts mean that you have been each others' best friend for two months!

3. Smirk 😏

This emoji means that someone has been snap chatting you frequently, with no reciprocation from you. You are one of their best friends, but they are not one of yours. 

4. Grimace 😬

The person that has this emoji is snapping one of your friends the same amount that you are snapping that friend. 

5. Smiling 😊

You snapchat this person a lot, but they are not your #1 best friend. 

6. Fire 🔥

You have a snap streak! A snap streak is when you snap a person everyday for multiple days in a row. Most people try to get their snap streak to the 💯 day mark.

Now you can successfully determine what an emoji next to a name means. Happy snapping!
Sources: Snapchat, emojipedia.org

4 comments:

  1. This post has been very helpful. For the past couple of weeks I have been wondering why those emojis were showing up next to some of my friends names. The only thing that came to my mind was, " how do I get one by my name". Now that I know how to get one, I will snap everyone on my list so I know one comes up next to my name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this! I always question what each one means and you must go through so many buttons on Snapchat to find it and by that time I forgot which emoji it was. Plus, this post made me check and make sure I snapped my friend. The timer was already going but our streak was saved and is now 56 days long. I think they are smart for marketing. People will use the app daily because they want to keep the streak alive or change the emoji present. It also makes me thing who other people are snapping have as their number one responder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this! I am constantly wondering what each emoji means, and why it appearing. I know have a better understanding of what they mean! I will have to keep an eye out for that grimace face though! Haha just kidding! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always forget what the emoji's mean when I see them next to my friend's names; there are so many to remember! Did you know that you can also customize this list and change the emojis used for each meaning? I've customized a few since I found it in my settings. I'm a person that loves to keep streaks going and puts importance on these emojis next to my name and my friends.

    ReplyDelete