Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Creating a Promotional Video

Growing up, I always played around on Windows Movie Maker to make glorified Power Point videos to show my parents. My aunt was more of an expert at videography and photography and would make cool videos whenever someone in my family graduated or died. After seeing her videos at every family event, I tried to replicate them. 

When this project was assigned, I thought I knew exactly what I was doing, however, I have a MacBook now and I had never used iMovie. I played around with it and was able to upload my videos in the order I wanted with transitions. I spent the next few days calling my boyfriend to ask how to get my music to show up on the app and asking my brother to remove me from Family Sharing so I could purchase music without his credit card. 

After locating music that was a fit for my video, I discovered that iMovie has some elevator music already on the app for you. I added some background music and uploaded the video to YouTube. 

I find myself continually learning that pride comes before the fall. Hopefully now, I will be better equipped and prepared to make more videos. My advice would be to familiarize yourself with a program before you use it for something important! To check out my project, click this link!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. iMovie is my favorite program to use when editing videos. I learned how to use it my freshman year of high school and still I learn new things all the time! It definitely makes creating short videos and movies incredibly easy. There are times where I have to watch videos on how to do something which is super helpful. Thank you for sharing and I loved the music you chose for your video!

    ReplyDelete