Friday, March 24, 2017

The Professional Side of Pinterest

Recently, I got the chance to explore Pinterest differently than how I use it on a regular basis. There is a whole world of professionals out there who are using Pinterest to post their business ideas and tips.

When I read the book, "The Art of Social Media", Guy Kawasaki suggested linking blog posts to Pinterest. Originally I thought, "Why would anyone do that?", because I figured Pinterest was only a place for designing rooms, clothing and nails. Below are a few interesting topics that I found on Pinterest.

1. Budgeting

If you run a business, great! Pinterest has suggestions on how to save money when you advertise. If you are a college student like myself, there are multiple pins on how to budget through college. Also, there are tips for planning a budget wedding or event. 

2. Networking

Pinterest has a lot of great advice on the "Do's and Don't's" of networking and things that you can say to make yourself stand out. Not only do they give tips on how to succeed, but there are also pins on what you might be doing wrong in your networking. 

3. Social Media

Pinterest also has pins about how to be successful on all of your other platforms! They truly want their users to be successful!

I hope everyone gets the chance to discover all of the wonderful and unique tips Pinterest has to offer. If you don't have one, sign up for a Pinterest account today! You will be amazed at what you can find.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, really helpful tips on how to use Pinterest in ways that people forget about. I need to follow you on Pinterest! We have ideas that we can collaborate on! Also, Pinterest is so dangerous. I spend so much time on there if I am not careful. Here is my link: https://www.pinterest.com/helenheinig/

    ReplyDelete