Thursday, April 13, 2017

Easter Break

One of the things I love about going to a private college is that we get a lot of breaks. Larger schools may have a fall break, Christmas break and spring break, but we get extended weekends around every holiday as well as seasonal breaks. Towards the end of the year, it is really easy to get burnt out and have no motivation to do anything. This makes breaks especially nice so we have a chance to catch up on our sleep, spend time with people we care about and come back refreshed.

Every year, my church has a sunrise service and breakfast on Easter Sunday. After church, we have lunch at my grandparents' house and visit with family. Even though my cousins and I are all college age, my grandmother insists that we have an Easter egg hunt every year.

For the past two years, I have spent Easter evenings at my boyfriend's house. We typically eat dinner, play euchre and watch whatever sports game is on TV. I see my boyfriend's family a lot because they live close to ONU, but it is still nice to spend a relaxing day together.

This year, I will be working on Good Friday and spending the rest of my vacation at home cuddling my cat. I am hopeful that this small break will be enough to motivate me to push hard through the last three weeks of school.

What are your Easter plans? Do you have any special traditions with your family? Comment below!


4 comments:

  1. I am spending Easter at home with my family. We usually travel to Southern Indiana to visit my great-grandparents, but we have fun! We decorate eggs, try to attend a church service and catch up with family. Happy Easter, Rachel! I love that we have so many breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The breaks seem to be the best part of college. This year I had to work on Good Friday and on Saturday. I work at Dollar General and lets just say hectic is not a strong enough word to describe it. I was fortunate enough to get Sunday off and spend time with my best friend and second family. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your family attends a sunrise service on Easter. I think that sounds so incredible. My family and I travel for Easter and take my grandmother to church to be with the rest of our family. I too enjoy being able to simply relax and spend time with those you love. It is so nice to get a break so close to the end of the semester. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really cute how your grandma has all of you still do an Easter egg hunt. Usually my family goes to our church's sunrise service and then we all make breakfast afterward. I hope you had a wonderful Easter and bst of luck for the rest of the year!

    ReplyDelete